Paying Your Bill
If you would like to pay your bill in person, you may do so at the Georgetown Municipal Complex, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additionally, the City provides several alternatives to paying your utility bill in person:
Online Bill Payments Update
1. Access your utility account online –
You can now view your utility account and pay your bill online. The first time you login, you will need your utility bill to create an account. Once you have created your account, you can pay your bill online or request a hazardous waste disposal voucher. To create your account, or log in to your account, please click here.
2. Alternate Payment Locations – Gus’ Drug and First Texas Bank
3. Drop Boxes — We also have two drop boxes available. One on the east side of City Hall (113 E. 8th St) and one at the Municipal Complex at 300 Industrial Ave. These drop boxes are provided for after-hours weekend and holiday payments.
4. Credit Card — Utility payments may be made by credit card in the office, by phone, or by setting up an automatic monthly draft from your card. If you would like to pay by phone or need help setting up the monthly draft, please feel free to call the Utility Billing office at (512) 930-3640.
5. Automatic Draft Program — Our automatic draft program is available to customers choosing to have their monthly utility bill automatically deducted from their checking account or credit card each month on the due date. The program saves customers the cost of postage and checks, eliminates monthly check writing, and provides a record of payment on the customer’s bank or credit card statement.
6. Budget Payment Plan — To help our customers even out the highs and lows of their utility bill payments, the City of Georgetown offers the Budget Payment Plan (BPP). This plan is available to residential customers that have no disconnections for nonpayment, NSF checks, or more than two late payments in the last 12 months of history. Our BPP plan does not change the rates, but simply allows you to pay less in high usage months by paying more in low usage months.
Does your bank send us your utility bill payment? Please take a few minutes to verify the utility account number is the same account number on your bill payment sent from your bank. Not having the correct utility account number may delay or keep your payment from being posted.